• Diffusive sampler that collects a wide range of compounds
• Several adsorbents available depending on compounds to be collected
• The DSP Badge has several advantages
– Higher sensitivity due to much greater percentage of sample reaching the detector during analysis (thermal desorption rather than solvent extraction)
– 20-60 times lower sampling rates, so far less likely to “starve” during sampling (common problem with other badges) Easier analysis. Just spike with 4200 and desorb
Note: For diffusive sampling, each compound must irreversibly “stick” to the adsorbent in order for quantitative collection to occur. This is why the lowest acceptable carbon number is “higher” than with active sampling. Also, carbon number ranges above are approximate and must be verified for each compound.