POSTER: Chemical Profiling of Cannabis Infused Products using Solvent-Free Headspace Extraction and Thermal Desorption GC-MS
Authors: Sage J. B. Dunham, Victoria L. Noad, Bailey S. Arakelian & Daniel B. Cardin
- A solvent free headspace extraction approach – vacuum assisted sorbent extraction (VASE) – is applied in combination with thermal desorption (TD)-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) to examine the chemical composition of cannabis and cannabis infused consumer products.
- Application of VASE for qualitative profiling of cannabis infused edibles (e.g., gummies, chocolates) reveals the presence of residual solvents, flavor additives (e.g., vanillin), and active cannabinoids.
- VASE profiling of cannabis flower demonstrates strain-to-strain differences in monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, and cannabinoids.
- Cannabinoids are efficiently extracted only when both heat and vacuum are applied.
|Poster: Chemical Profiling of Cannabis Infused Products using Solvent-Free Headspace Extraction and Thermal Desorption GC-MS||Download|
- Download 443
- File Size 1.89 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date September 5, 2019
- Last Updated February 15, 2023